The NIH entrance to Bethesda Trolley Trail, a popular walking and biking path, is the NIH designated smoking area. The level of stupid here is only rivaled by the smokers themselves.
The most important decision you make is to be in a good mood.
Why so serious? on Flickr.
It is not work that kills men; it is worry. Worry is rust upon the blade.
Henry Ward Beecher, 1813 – 1887
I am ashamed of confessing that I have nothing to confess.
Frances Burney, 1752 – 1840
Courage is being scared to death – and saddling up anyway.
As long as you hate, there will be people to hate.
George Harrison, 1943 – 2001
It is the steady and merciless increase of occupations, the augmented speed at which we are always trying to live, the crowding of each day with more work and amusements than it can profitably hold, which has cost us, among other good things, the undisturbed enjoyment of friends. Friendship takes time, and we have no time to give it.
Agnes Repplier, 1855 – 1950
- Listen without interrupting. (Proverbs 18)
- Speak without accusing. (James 1:19)
- Give without sparing. (Proverbs 21:26)
- Pray without ceasing. (Colossians 1:9)
- Answer without arguing. (Proverbs 17:1)
- Share without pretending. (Ephesians 4:15)
- Enjoy without complaint. (Philippians 2:14)
- Trust without wavering. (Corinthians 13:7)
- Forgive without punishing. (Colossians 3:13)
- Promise without forgetting. (Proverbs 13:12)